How should we as Christians and the church engage in politics? That’s a difficult and complex question that I want to discuss with you as we follow my 10-week sermon series, Faith & Flourishing in Politics. In this class we will cover topics like:
- The Bible’s teaching on government and politics
- The biblical mandate for human flourishing found in Genesis
- The concept of civility when engaging in political discussions
- Fear in politics vs. how God calls believers to engage
- How the doctrines like the image of God and Christ’s kingship help us navigate political issues
- What it means to speak prophetically in the public square
My hope is that by the end of this series you will have developed (or continue to develop) a biblical and theological framework for engaging in faith and politics in a way that honors God and is true to the Bible.
We will be meeting on Sunday mornings from 8:30 till 9:30 AM on Zoom or you can join me in person in the church sanctuary (masks required).
This is also part of Jonathan’s Doctor of Ministry (D.Min) studies, so please check for an email for how you can participate in a before-and-after survey. Thanks!
Looking forward to our time together.
Pastor Jonathan Romig